[OSM-talk] author of segments and nodes incorrect

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Jun 24 16:28:05 BST 2007

In message <2A20E7FE73E166448E10EC7633C798F70EE38295 at mx1.ITN.LOCAL>
          "Barnett, Phillip" <Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes, I've just noticed this happening to me. I've just created several
> objects in the latest JOSM and they are credited to (anonymous user)
> despite my obviously using my login name to upload changes. I've just
> double-checked, and yes, my edits are all set as Public.
>
> What's happening?

Well if you give me an ID I can check, but most likely it has simply
been edited by somebody else since you created it.

You can check the history of an object with a URL like:

  http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.4/<type>/<id>/history

Where <type> is node/segment/way as appropriate.

That will show each version (and where it is public who made that
change).

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)