[OSM-talk] Tagging of school sports fields

Adrian Frith adrian at frith.co.za
Sat Mar 3 16:14:30 GMT 2007

Hi fellow OSMers,

Is there a consensus on the tagging of school fields? Do you make the
whole area of the school, buildings and fields, one area tagged
"amenity=school" and leave it at that? Or do you make two separate
areas, one for the buildings tagged "amenity=school" and one for the
fields tagged "leisure=pitch sport=<whatever>"?

I feel that when (as in some cases I have) two thirds of the area of the
school grounds is made up of fields, it gives a more accurate idea of
landuse if the fields are tagged separately. What do you folks think?

Cheers,
Adrian