[OSM-talk] Cellphone software

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Sun Mar 4 23:11:49 GMT 2007

I swear by MobiTrack Pro (website's not actually working for me atm,
maybe just try googling for it):

http://www.unteh.com/products/mobitrack/

I have no idea if it'll work on your phone, but it's pretty complete
GPS software, and when you convert dollars to pounds (in my case at
least) ends up fairly cheap. I use it with exactly the same GPS and
it's great, it can log the entire NMEA output which is great as it
means the only limit to the amount you can store is your phone's
capacity (rather than some limit set by the Java implementation.

I did try to get it to work on a Samsung once but couldn't figure out
how to get the software onto the phone. As Nick says, Mobile Trail
Explorer could be good if you have an "interesting" Java
implementation as you can hack it to suit your needs, I'm hoping to
do similar with a Motorola L6 that doesn't want to save files.

John