[OSM-talk] New atlas-generation program

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 20:56:07 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 20:31, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Looks very interesting. From the example you gave, I'm presuming that
> the maps are sourced from the Osmarender tile dataset, rather than
> being vectors derived from the db?

Correct.  It creates an image in the Data/ folder (the image size depends on
your DPI and the size on-page) and fills it with downloaded tiles from the
dev server.

So any improvements to tile-rendering styles should be available immediately
to publishers, and any osm-like tileserver can be used to make maps with

e.g. making a mapnik atlas would be a one-line change, plus asking the server
admin's permission ;)

Hopefully dev can cope, we'll see...