[OSM-talk] New atlas-generation program

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 21:14:06 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 21:01, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Ok, gotcha. Obviously the source images would have to be 300dpi
> rather than 72dpi for print publishing, but I can see how this might
> work as a kind of downloadable e-book thingy, an alternative to the
> slippy maps.

Yep, the photo I had available wasn't much resolution (neither are geograph
photos by default), so might need a better pic when print-publishing.

The maps however, if you change config to "config: dpi=300", then it should
just download loads more tiles to give you the required resolution in your
output map.

So instead of building you a map out of 9 x zoom-14 tiles to fill a given area
of page, your "for print" settings might create the same image from 144 x
zoom-16 tiles.

(Actually, you need to manually specify the zoom level at the moment to get
that result, but that's a user-interface bug that will be fixed. Also, don't
try this with any settings that require zoom-18, it won't work ;)