[OSM-talk] Mapping party advice

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:23:22 GMT 2007

On 3/7/07, Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org> wrote:
> Problem is, I have zero experience setting up mapping parties, and I'm a bit
> afraid of messing things up. So, I'm turning to you for advice. What kind of
> things should I be aware of? How to split people to walk through the city?
> How many posters to print?

The wiki has a Mapping Party Howto with some good tips. It could use
some updating with the tips people have given, but it's a very good
start.

Also, find someone you can rely on to help. Even just for simple stuff
like food/drinks, letting people in and out of the building, keeping
an eye on things. Mapping parties have a large non-technical
component. If you have a few people who know how it all works that
saves you doing all the work.

Have a nice day,