[OSM-talk] Spreading OSM

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Thu Mar 8 23:30:36 GMT 2007

Hi,

to spread OSM, I had two ideas:

* We already can link to a certain location in the slippy map via an URL
like
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=XX&lon=YY&zoom=ZZ
I wonder if it was possible to show something like an additional pin at
the given location. Then people could start pointing to their location
on their home pages using the slippy map. I guess this could be a
simple but effective way to make OSM known to more people

* I know about two web based route planners:
http://www.marengo-ltd.com/map/development.html
http://www.guideserv.com/ClickRoute/
I wonder if something similar could be created on top of the OSM slippy
map as well. This could help OSM mappers to plan their mapping tours as
well as it could be useful to "spread the word".

Comments?

Cheers,

ce