[OSM-talk] Planet Dump

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 08:30:43 GMT 2007

Hi Ray,

When this has been brought up before, there have been concerns over
privacy.  I think we should be able to get access to dumps from
selected tables though - eg current_blah , without user info.  Given
that planet2mysql.rb isn't importing the recent dumps, I would welcome
a MySQL dump for the simplicity and speed of import.  With a MySQL
dump, I would start to produce localized datasets from OSM data, which
I think there's a lot of demand for at the moment.

+1 from me,

Nick

On 3/9/07, Ray Booysen <raybooysen at rjb.za.net> wrote:
> Apologies if this has been brought up before.
>
> Is it possible to start generating SQL dumps of the same dataset as the
> planet.osm file?  For me, its easier to download an SQL dump and run against
> a server after an export than it would be to parse the XML.  I'm sure we can
> create it, but not sure on the logistics.
>
> Any comments?
>
> Regards
> Ray
>
> --