[OSM-talk] maemo-mapper & OSM tiles

Zoran Kovacevic zoran at kovacevic.nl
Sat Mar 10 11:52:33 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Maemo-mapper (http://gnuite.com:8080/nokia770/maemo-mapper/) is a map
renderer and tracker for the Nokia 770 internet tablet. I use it with a
BT GPS mouse for logging traces.

Online map repositories are specified with a printf-like format string
that provides three integer fields in the following order: x-coordinate,
y-coordinate, zoom level. Currently I'm using
http://mt.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.99&x=%d&y=%d&zoom=%d which gives me a
Google Map for a particular location and zoom level.

I'd love to use OSM tiles, so I can easily find the blank spots of the map.

I've tried it with the OSM tile server, but the order of the arguments
is different and the zoom is reversed:
http://mt3.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.43&x=67331&y=43080&zoom=0
http://tile.openstreetmap.org/17/67331/43080.png
gmaps: x, y, zoom
osm: zoom (reversed), x, y

Any idea of a hack for the URL, or should it be a change in maemo-mapper?

Best, Zoran

P.S.: Because of obvious copyright restrictions, maemo-mapper is not
shipped with map URLs. This is a chance for OSM to be the default map:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=492&group_id=29&atid=188