[OSM-talk] josm

Bruce Cowan bruce.cowan at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Mar 16 20:57:48 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 20:40 +0100, Jonas Svensson wrote:
> I am trying to clean up some ways using JOSM but found a problem:
> When using josm in Ubuntu/Linux there seems to be no way to select
> a segment in a way. In Windows I can Alt-click, but not in Ubuntu.
> The window manager seems to catch it before it get's to josm since
> I can move the window move Alt-click and move.
>
> I downloaded Josm today (daily build, version 203) and is using Sun
> Java 1.6.0.

Click and hold on the segment, press Alternate, then release Alternate,
this should be the same as Alt+click.  This is necessary because
Metacity (GNOME's window manager) uses Alternate as a move window
shortcut, but this behaviour can be modified in
System>Preferences>Windows.
--
Bruce Cowan <bruce.cowan at dsl.pipex.com>