[OSM-talk] Tunnel layer

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:35:53 GMT 2007

Hi,

I wonder if it would give better rendering results is we keep tunnels at
layer 0 instead of layer -1, as stated on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Mapping/Features/Tunnel .

At layer -1 the dashed lines disappear under rivers, and even the grey
areas next to residential roads. Both issues are visible on the map at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Antwerpen (West and South
motorways). The dashed lines should at least be drawn on top of these.
At layer 0 they would do that, so therefore my question.

Or should it perhaps be fixed in the renderers? Not sure though if
that's the case since that means displaying layer -1 on top of layer
0...

In a slightly related note, there's a rendering issue with the South
tunnel on that Antwerp map in Osmarenderer: it shows a big black area
next to the tunnel. It's only visible at zoom level 12 and 16.

Greetings
Ben