[OSM-talk] Superways again

Sven Anders sven at anders-hamburg.de
Sun Mar 18 07:53:25 GMT 2007

Am Freitag, 16. März 2007 17:31 schrieb David Earl:
> Reiterating some of what's gone before:
>
> There are then lots of advantages to grouping such ways.
>
> * If you break a Way at a bridge, you can group the three Ways (either side
> and the bridge itself) so their commonality (it's the same road) can be
> represented (and so on along the road).
>
> * An estate road with many branches can be represented as a whole.
>
> * If you want to represent a bus route, the route tag in theory allows
> this, but in practice you can't put more than one route on the same Way, so
> it can't also be a different bus route or a cycle network route, and the
> route isn't coherent in any useful way - you have to search for where it
> goes next. So grouping ways to represent the concept of route would be
> helpful. Note this means ways can belong to more than one superway.
>
> * A non-roundabout and non-node junction could be represented (together
> with its name or number) as a bag of ways (consider a grade separated
> single carriageway with four slip roads, or a cloverleaf).

I think the best would be to use  more than one way for diffrent thinks:

Example:

A -> B -> C -> D -> E

Way one:
A->E
name=Kings Road
highway=primary

Way two:
C->D
bridge=yes

Way three:
A->D
route=bus
name=bus route 24
timetable=http://www.bus-okay.example/route24

Way four:
D->E
oneway=yes

This is currently not supported by the tools, so at the monent I also use
tagging like this:

A->C
name=Kings Road
highway=primary
route=bus
route_name=bus route 24
timetable=http://www.bus-okay.example/route24

C->D
name=Kings Road
highway=primary
route=bus
route_name=bus route 24
timetable=http://www.bus-okay.example/route24
bridge=yes

D->E
name=Kings Road
highway=primary
oneway=yes

I realy dont know if we should need a superway. Example:a bus don't alway goes
along the whole street, but only a part of it.