[OSM-talk] JOSM error

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:15:32 GMT 2007

On 3/19/07, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:
> Yes it was whilst uploading, and if that's the cause I'm screwed. I've made
> loads of changes fixing some really broken ways, so it would take quite some
> detective work to find the missing node!

I feel your pain. First, check that JOSM didn't dump the failed
request to standard output. If so you should be able to identify the
relevent segments/nodes from there. Once you have the ID you need to
do more detective work. Save what you have to a file and search in
there. If you should be able to find the associated way and hopefully
it will have a name that will help you find it...

Ideally, if JOSM got an error while uploading, it would automatically
select the object that got the error. Alternativly, it should have a
way to select an object by ID.

Good luck!

Have a nice day,