[OSM-talk] PostScript renderer

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 01:46:55 GMT 2007

Hi,

I've checked the PostScript renderer stuff I've been playing with into
svn - you can find it at http://svn.openstreetmap.org/utils/osmps/

Support for most things is either still experimental or non-existant.
Bridges are now partially supported, and text will be placed on roads
where there is enough space.

The PostScript output needs tidying. Notably it says it is EPS and
then includes a showpage at the end...

Some examples of output are (updated since previous post) - the PDF
files are converted with ps2pdf.

  http://dl.newtoncomputing.co.uk/lboro.ps
  http://dl.newtoncomputing.co.uk/lboro.pdf
  http://dl.newtoncomputing.co.uk/suttoncoldfield.ps
  http://dl.newtoncomputing.co.uk/suttoncoldfield.pdf

Processing time is about 2.5 minutes for Loughborough and about 5
minutes for Sutton Coldfield on my hardware (1.7G Athlon).

Comments and suggestions welcome.

--
Matthew