[OSM-talk] Tiles at home Update

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 11:21:24 GMT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 10:14:20PM +0100, Dirk-Lüder Kreie wrote:
> While I like the new osmarender styles and small fixes I'm against the
> usage of this preprocessor for the tiles at home layer.
> The errors should be fixed in the source data, not at the renderer.

Are they errors?

My (probably flawed) understanding of the definition of a
way is that it is an unordered group of segments. The fact
that the API returns them in the same order as they were
uploaded is therefore just coincidence.  Given this, it is
essential that any renderer can cope with ways that contain
segments in any order.

On the other hand, maybe the definition actually is
"ordered" and I missed that bit ;-).

--
Matthew
(still wanting to change to nodes, paths and unordered groups)