[OSM-talk] Mapping and surveying long road tunnels

Robert Hart bathterror at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:14:52 GMT 2007

>  You can't use any published map sources that you
> consider reliable as it is too new for o-o-cop maps.
> Any thoughts?

I guess the options are persuade the designers/contractor to provide a
drawing or other data, that can be used, or getting out the theodolite. For
a slightly less accurate approach (afterall, I hope nobody is going to try
and do any groundworks based on our data - so who cares), you could try
taking bearings with a compass at regular intervals. It might depend on how
the tunnel is lined whether the compass works. Blackadder might know.