[OSM-talk] osm2pgsql enhancements

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:03:54 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 18:33 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> Jon Burgess wrote:
>
> > If you update to the latest SVN you will see that I have removed the bst
> > & avl code. [...]
>
> While you are at it ....  ;-)
> Do you see a chance to replace the calls to 'asprintf' by something
> that is contained in some standard library ?
>
> Cheers,
> 	Martin.

Is it possible for you to use the experimental version? That does not
use asprintf.

I could change the original osm2pgsql code but doing dynamic string
manipulation in C without introducing arbitrary limits is painful. I
think some of the key/values strings are long. Perhaps we should
deliberately truncate them.

Another possibility is for you to link the code with the asprintf
implementation from http://www.ijs.si/software/snprintf/

	Jon