[OSM-talk] Tile download limit reached

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Mar 29 11:09:59 BST 2007

Hi,

David Groom wrote:
> I've not been heavily browsing OSM maps today (certainly much less
> than I
> normally do), but I have just been presented with a "Tile download
> limit
> reached for you IP" message, when looking at the slippy map.

I was about to suggest that we employ a similar rate limiting
mechanism for the dev server (which serves t at h tiles). Then I noticed
that anyone trying to render level-7 tiles (which involves
downloading loads of level-12 tiles) would probably hit that limit..
so I'm happy that there is no such limit on dev.

Bye
Frederik