[OSM-talk] index of names

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Wed May 2 10:44:34 BST 2007

In my slowly-progressing "search for a name in a place" I've been extracting
named objects. In the planet of April 4, I get 156,734 named items
worldwide. I seem to have got the coordinates OK. I haven't included
name:<language> kind of names yet, though I will include these in the search
in due course.

These include hundreds of names which are just numbers 001, 002, ... Anyone
know what these are?

I also have 15,390 place names. I was disappointed there were so few.

David