[OSM-talk] Slippymap with tile metadata

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri May 4 09:45:00 BST 2007

Hi,

     I am currently fixing a lot of coastline, by panning the
level-12 map along the coastline and checking tiles. It is sometimes
very helpful to see wheter a certain tile has been rendered recently
(i.e. since I thought to have fixed it) or not.

For this purpose, I have created a slippy map that behaves exactly
like the one on informationfreeway.org, but has an extra (overlay)
layer for tile metadata. When activated, you see the tile co-
ordinates and time last rendered directly on the map.

http://openstreetmap.gryph.de/slippymap/ifw.html

If you use it, please do so sensibly: Every meta information tile you
see has to be created by requesting a "details" page from the dev
server, which may put some strain on it. De-select the metadata
overlay while you don't use it. If you select the overlay layer and
don't see anything, and after some time only "z=... x=... y=..."
without time last rendered, then the dev server is unresponsive.

Bye
Frederik