[OSM-talk] Users in your area - on a map?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue May 8 09:53:45 BST 2007

Hullo,

On Tue, 8 May 2007 09:43:12 +0100, John McKerrell <john at mckerrell.net> wrote:=
> There was a bug on this page that meant you only saw one of the other
> mappers, the last one, also the radius at the moment is huge (1
> degree), so the marker you could "see" was probably in Scotland. I've
> fixed it now so that all the markers should show up, and you can
> click on the markers to get a small (ugly) popup saying who it is and
> with a link to their OSM page. I don't think we've decided how big/
> how to set the radius yet so I'm not touching that for now.

Aha, super, thanks. As for the radius, how about allowing people to set it themselves? For me just ten miles or so around each location would be sufficient. In fact I only really care to know about people editing within a few miles, but I suppose it's interesting to see who else is nearby.

Kind regards,
Tom