[OSM-talk] Announcing name searches for OSM

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Tue May 8 12:21:13 BST 2007

On 8 May 2007, at 12:12, David Earl wrote:

>> Keep it possible to trace.
>
> I was thinking I'd ask them for their OSM login so it goes in under
> their
> name - I don't want lots of edits like this attributed to me if I
> didn't do
> them! Of course I could harvest passwords that way, but I promise I
> won't.

I would have thought it would be possible to put a basic tag editor
onto the main OSM site, especially in rails it should be quite easy.
I suppose one thing we could do to save on spam/vandalism would be
only offering the ability to edit existing tags, also hosting on OSM
should get around the username/password problem. As mentioned in
another post though, maybe we shouldn't worry about spam and allow
adding/removing tags to existing nodes/segments/ways too.

John