[OSM-talk] only partial loading of ways with JOSM?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu May 10 15:22:50 BST 2007

Hi,

>> One thing I can say for sure that if - now or before - a segment
>> references a nonexistent node, it will just quietly be ignored by
>> JOSM, i.e. those editing with JOSM won't ever see it. (Or be able to
>> change it.)
>
> The point is the API is now returning those nodes (with
> visible=false) if
> there is a segment which is referencing them.

Of course we should first wait until 0.4 has settled down a bit, it
seems that its behaviour changes faster than can be reasonable
announced on a mailing ist ;) - but if it continues in this fashin
(maybe also delivering visible=false segments where they have been
deleted but are still referred to by a way?) then we need to discuss
how to represent that in JOSM.

Bye
Frederik