[OSM-talk] quality of drawn way

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Fri May 11 12:13:52 BST 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/other/freemap-npe/freemap.php
>
> This doesn't actually do any reprojections, it takes a BBOX of OSGB.

Ah, that's probably why it gets so much worse up North. The last time I
tried to use the wms plugin was for something in Scotland, and it really
had allignment issues up there :(

> However feel free to examine and if necessary correct the code. Maybe
> I'll have a look if I have the time (though that's something of a big
> 'if' right now....)

Alas my php skills aren't up to anything like that. Anyone else able to
help? Tiles are named by the km easting and northing values of their
bottom left hand corner (in osgb36), and the tiles need to be turned into
wgs84

Nick