[OSM-talk] New Download Dialog for JOSM

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue May 15 08:07:17 BST 2007

At 11:35 PM 14/05/2007, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>   I would like to solicit your opinion on a new design of the JOSM download dialog.

The basic format looks good, thumbs up.

Adding and amplifying on others comments:

- World view not useful to me as is due to lack of accuracy. A selectable continent view might work, just a thought.

- An ability to bring up a bookmark and do a right-a-bit, left-a-bit or change the zoom level would be great even if it is just manually editing a displayed URL.

- Ability to do a place search a la recent slippy map and then select a zoom level would be truly wonderful.

- Shame be upon me, I use Windows on a laptop.  Bear in mind, three-button mouse actions and often scroll actions are not available to such reprobate users.

Mike