[OSM-talk] Mapnik now not supporting layer=1 on golfcourses

Tue May 15 10:40:24 BST 2007

Artem Pavlenko wrote:
> Ideally, features like that should be represented as polygons with
> holes, which are not supported by current OSM model AFAIK.
> As a workaround we could use z_order on polygon layers as suggested by
> Jon. It will produce desired visual results.

IMHO areas (ie polygons) with holes are possible and also rendered by
osmarender. Try to have an area with an inner circle of anticlockwise
segments using the same way.

I haven't tested that myself yet, however.

Spaetz