[OSM-talk] (no subject)

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 15 17:19:40 BST 2007

Timothy Fintan Langner wrote:

>Sent: 15 May 2007 3:56 PM

>To: talk at openstreetmap.org

>Subject: [OSM-talk] (no subject)

>I amy have asked something similar to this before, but I am still fairly

>new

>to programming, so not sure if the following is possible.

>Is it possible for me to take a live feed from OpenStreetMap's servers and

>use that in another program? That program would serve the maps over the

>web,

>along with my own, out of copyright, historical map data.

>If so is their a wiki, or other site),page detailing the server locations

>and briefly how one links to them.

If you are interested in obtaining the raw map data then you should take a
look at the API details at:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_Protocol_Version_0.4

If its rendered tiles you are looking for then take a look on the wiki for
information on "Mapnik" and "Tiles at Home" which are the two main rendered
output formats created by users to display the OSM data.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson

Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk