[OSM-talk] Server errors

Andrew Loughhead andrew at incanberra.com.au
Sun May 20 12:56:58 BST 2007

Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>

>> Which layer, mapnik or osmarender?
>>

> sorry, I should have mentioned it. I'm talking about the osmarender
> layer.
>

>> I can only talk about the mapnik layer. On mapnik you should only get
>> a 404 error (the 'more coming soon' tile)
>>

> no, it shows the 404, not the "more coming soon" message. But maybe it's
> done by the browser (Safari) itself and thus has nothing to do with
> OSM.

I don't think so, it shows for me in Firefox.  Also if you right click a
"404", and select "View Image", you get an image, with a URL like:
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Tiles/tile.php/11/1871/1238.png
They are images of a grey square with the text "404" in them.
Presumably they mean when the relevant tile was rendered by a t at h
client, the data was unavailable.

Andrew.