[OSM-talk] pedestrian oneway

Abigail Brady morwen at evilmagic.org
Thu May 24 11:54:04 BST 2007

On 5/24/07, Artem Pavlenko <artem at mapnik.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> planet_osm=# select count(1) from planet_osm_line where highway='pedestrian'
> and ( oneway='true' or oneway='yes');
>  count
> -------
>     42
> (1 row)
>

> I never new pedestrian streets can be one way, am I missing something or is
> it safe to ignore ?

Some pedestrianised roads have occasional vehicle access allowed (for
access or out of hours), and when this is allowed vehicles must honour
the one-way signs, if there are any.  The one-way signs are not for
the pedestrians.  An example of this is Cranbourn Street and Bear
Street at Leicester Square, which are both signed one-way.

--
Abi