[OSM-talk] name property on track

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat May 26 09:17:26 BST 2007

Hi kb & Rainer,

>> The names
>> do not show up on the rendered maps.

> From what i can see, tracks are rendered with the
> names now. But you will need to zoom in.

If you discuss these things, always say which maps you're looking at.
Remember there are two renderers (Mapnik and osmarender/tiles at home)
which can both be configured - to answer such questions precisely, we
would need to know which map you are talking about!

The tiles at home map at the highes zoomlevel (17) currently shows names
for these types of "highway":

unclassified|residential|minor|tertiary|pedestrian
footway|cycleway|bridleway
service
secondary
primary
trunk
motorway

So if you saw track names being written, that was probably on the Mapnik
map.

Bye
Frederik