[OSM-talk] Announce: new version of Validator plugin

Florian Loitsch openstreetmap at florian.loitsch.com
Mon May 28 15:49:10 BST 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007 15:20:56 Bruce Cowan wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 14:58 +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > You don't think it's important to distinguish between "this has a name
> > but I don't know it" and "this has no name"? And please don't suggest
> > adding blank tags for every attribute you know something isn't, that
> > way lies madness.
>
> I wasn't suggesting adding blank tags.
>
> > While an official "incomplete" tag would be nice, I don't see a
> > problem with FIXMEs.
>
> That's what the note key is for.

I would rather prefer FIXME/TODO.
ideally a key: TODO: name
or FIXME: trace, name
Ideally this should be normalized (like above), so that the web-pages can
directly ask visitors to contribute. (I can't ask my mother to add new ways,
but if there's a message: "do you know the way's name" she could actively
contribute.
the Note-tag could then add some more lines (like "bad reception on my
GPS...").
But a FIXME/TODO with normalized entries could be really valuable.
// florian