[OSM-talk] Announce: new version of Validator plugin

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Mon May 28 19:49:54 BST 2007

Francisco R. Santos a écrit :

> I don't agree with you. If I request a .php with a Content-Type and a
> filename headers, it should be renamed the way I say. But if I don't
> provide any Content-Type at all, I don't expect IE to rename the page to
> .txt or whatever IE thinks it may be. It doesn't know what it is, so,
> why does it try to gess?. That is the always present Microsoft's  lemma
> "You don't know what  you are doing, so I'll do it for you".

Some software don't use the extension as a reliable information (XnView
for example can open a JPEG file even if it's not named .jpg)

I assumed that IE7 rename the file if the extension doesn't match the
file content to prevent .dll or .exe to be downloaded as PDF or JPG.
(and as they purposely ignore Java, they don't care about .jar and .war)

> Anyway...

Yep...