[OSM-talk] Linuxtag demonstration down - Re: handover of tile.openstreetmap.org

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Wed May 30 13:52:38 BST 2007

Joerg asked for the tile download limit on tile.osm to be lifted for linuxtag.

I just had a call from Joerg that they aren't able to use tile and assumed the
tile download limit has been reached.

It appears tile is severely buckling. I have not been able to determine why yet.
Barely responsive. Not been able to log in.

I guess the tile download limit has been removed, but the result being undue
load on tile.

Where were the limits set, and can we limit all except ip addresses
217.237.166.* which are the ip addresses of the linuxtag?