[OSM-talk] Linuxtag demonstration down - Re: handover of tile.openstreetmap.org

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Wed May 30 23:13:59 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 23:49 +0200, Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany)
wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 May 2007 14:52, Nick Hill wrote:
> > Joerg asked for the tile download limit on tile.osm to be lifted for
> > linuxtag.
>
> First of all thanks to all of you for the fast and good response to my query
> and Problem.
> Sorry for taking me so long to respond . We had a quite busy day and I got
> back to my hotel just some minutes ago.
> We even had a German Television Team here at the Linuxtag which took short
> Video Sequences with the OSM Project. The Video will be shown on German
> TV "3-Sat" next Sunday at 4pm.
>
> But to get from the excuses to the facts. What ever happened in the afternoon
> to one of the machines here at the Linux-Tag;
> 	"it seems to be solved!"
> The rest of the day I didn't see any more error messages while showing OSM. We
> could show OSM to a lot of people which were pretty impressed.

That is good to hear that the problem is fixed. You've done a lot of
great work promoting the project.

A quick snapshot of the mapnik tile stats shows that we've served 1.1M
tiles today which is higher than I've ever recorded and there is still
another hour to go before the day ends (midnight BST is used by the
stats counter).

Over the previous week the daily average has been 860k tiles.

	Jon