[OSM-talk] bulk loading towns/cities locations

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Sun Nov 4 07:17:13 GMT 2007

I guess 1.8k would be worst case is 1.8 km ,but on average about 900meters, which I think
would be mostly acceptable .
My vote would be "yes" since some data is better than no data.

May be we could tag these with a label "to-be confirmed" so later users could reposition
this if to far from the natural centre of the correct location.

eg
the Label could have :

source=Geographical Names Board
checked=false

And then mappers could re-locate these and then remove checked or replace with checked=true
Paul