[OSM-talk] British stations in Wikipedia vs. OSM (was: railway=subway_entrance approved!)

Bruce Cowan lists at bcowan.fastmail.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 15:22:33 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 13:10 +0000, Edward Betts wrote:
> Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com> wrote:
> > Incidentially there are also articles for mainline railway stations
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manningtree_railway_station
>
> I wrote some code to compare the British stations in Wikipedia with the ones
> in OSM. Right now we have 60.8% coverage. There are a few disused stations
> incorrectly included in the Wikipedia data. Sometimes the names in Wikipedia
> and OSM don't match.
>
> Take a look at http://edwardbetts.com/osm/stations.html
>
> Green means the station is OSM, red means it isn't.

A lot of the ones in Argyll and Bute are closed these days. I think all
the red ones there are shut now.

Charing Cross (Glasgow) is evidentally in OSM as just Charing Cross,
same with High Street.

Glasgow's railway OSM coverage is very high in fact. [1]

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Image:SPT_completion.png
--
Bruce Cowan <bcowan at fastmail.co.uk>