[OSM-talk] Jacket

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Nov 9 17:09:16 GMT 2007

> Message: 9

> Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:05:17 +0000

> From: Thom Shannon <thom at glow-internet.com>

> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Jacket

> Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org

> what about this?

> http://www.ts0.com/osm.jpg

> i'd buy one!

I think that one looks a bit hot of cycling. How about this one: Vest
<http://www.gbtc-online.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=63_64&products_
id=121>  details

(Not sure about the price though. £1.50 for a jacket in 2007 and 13p extra
for XXXL)?

Here’s another supplier.. £4.20 this time – vests are cheap!

http://www.ricara.co.uk/hi_viz.php

Personally I would vote for

'OpenStreetMap

  Surveying'

on the back in big letters (as shown by Sven) and also in small letters on
the front which is going to be just fine for the bullshit factor, and will
also attract the right sort of questions from people who are awake and
interested.

Of course one does also sometimes need a hard hat and boots for areas under
construction, but they don't need a logo!

What next... I'm in for a vest if others are too. How do we sort out a bulk
purchase? Is anyone offering to do the ordering and distribution? I would be
happy to underwrite an order if we wanted some for stock (although the costs
appear to be very low). The quality must be good, I don't want the lettering
coming off in 2 minutes but both of the above companies offer printing
options which is just great.

Regards,

Peter