[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] forum.openstreetmap.org

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Sat Nov 10 21:32:29 GMT 2007

(crossposting to talk)

Since a few hours it is now possible to use your main OpenStreetMap account
for the forum. Thanks to Spaetz who provided an example code snippet.

I suggest to use the 'Display Name' from the 'My Settings' page as the
username for the forum because using the email address will probably result
in a lot of spam. To prevent this I filter the given username for the '@'
sign and return an error message if one is encountered.

If you already have an account on the forum and the username happens to be
the same as the Display Name then you will keep your post history and
personal settings. If you are new to the forum, or your username differs
from the Display Name, a new account will automatically be created for you
in the forum database.

If a new account is created for you while you already had an account on the
forum, please do not hessitate to contact me. With a few hacks to the
database it will probably be no big deal to move the old stuff over to the
new account.

Happy posting :-)