[OSM-talk] N95 GPS

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Mon Nov 12 21:01:28 GMT 2007

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, Ray Booysen wrote:
> Anyone had any luck using the gps in the Nokia N95 for logging?

I find it works pretty well. I use my own python script for logging, and
after you've got it installed (someone really needs to lart the symbian
platsec guys...), it's really good.

As with almost anything of interet with the N95, you'll need to have got a
devcert for your phone, so you can sign applications with useful levels of
permissions on your own handset. Then, install Python for S60, sign and
install the python gps module (there is one built into pys60, but it
doesn't do enough, so you'll want to install the third party one). Sign
and install my app, and install the uploader, and you're done :)

See http://gagravarr.livejournal.com/130469.html
http://gagravarr.org/code/#nmea_info

Nick