[OSM-talk] Update: Advice needed - dispute regarding names in Cyprus

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:56:48 GMT 2007

> Who says it's just a navigational aid?  Navigation is my primary desire
> for the data.  Other people may want the data for illustrating academic
> articles.  In discussion with a friend, we recently had the idea of
> integrating the data into a racing game so that you can race around
> actual streets.  There are a panoply of potential uses for the OSM data,
> not all of which are going to want just the signpost language or name.

Cool, I started thinking about a maze game with an 'import from OSM' feature
of some sort.

And yeah I agree that OSM isn't just a navigational aid. I really like OSM
because you can access the data and do what you like with it, and that
doesn't just mean make navigational aids for different users.

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com