[OSM-talk] Undo edit error / vandalism?

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Sun Nov 18 20:05:49 GMT 2007

> Potlatch in theory now has a facility allowing users to revert to
> previous versions of a way, or restore a deleted way.
>
> However, it is not yet enabled on the OSM server because I'm awaiting
> peer review of the code, which no-one appears to have taken up. :(
>
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2007-November/
> 007919.html for details.

Thanks. As long as Potlach lacks essential features to prevent
data corruption, you must disable it.  The issue wasn't that serious
until now.  But these days, we have more carefully entered data
and new users are joining every day: So I think at the moment it
is more important to secure the existing data than adding something.

At least, that's valid for certain areas.