[OSM-talk] osm business card

Andy Robinson blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:02:44 GMT 2007

On 21/11/2007, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com> wrote:
> i think a business card, with information about the osm project would
> be a useful way of explaining what we're doing when out mapping (i've
> had a few funny looks as i note the names of streets, parks, etc.) and
> i know a few have been challenged directly.
>
> it would also work as a means of raising awareness of the project and
> it's ideals - a short piece on the back could explain what we are
> doing, and why
>
> add to that, there are a few things i am considering approaching my
> local council about (possible use of data they have created), and a
> business card not only lends an air of organisation, but also makes it
> much easier for the council contact to remember who/what they are
> dealing with
>
> does anyone agree with me, do you see a use for this? does anyone have
> the skills, time and will to design something - we have a logo already
> for OSM, it would only take a small amount of work on the layout, etc?
>
> obviously, the individual mapper would want to add their own info:
> name, possibly e-mail, phone etc. and then print out whatever number
> they need

We've had the odd card knocking about on occasion but I agree that a
common card format with the OSM logo and the web address (perhaps
including a short lat/lon to make it more locally focussed) is a good
idea. If someone has time to knock up a sheet as a pdf then OSMers can
print on card themselves. Needs to be very generic. The reverse side
could as an option have the aims of the project quoted.

Cheers

Andy
--
Andy Robinson