[OSM-talk] Validator Plugin (landuse=forrest+highway=xy)

Fri Nov 23 12:38:04 GMT 2007

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) wrote:

> I don't really
> like to steer into open wounds; but if you see things like this and
> have a
> look at the editor people seem to use; guess what ...

...they're newbies using the newbie-friendly editor? Surprise me.

(Hey, OSM routing software will help you not steer into open wounds.
Maybe.)

So people are doing something wrong? Document what they _should_ be
doing. Newcomers won't magically pick up three years of incremental
OSM best practice overnight.

It would be really, really great to have one single, comprehensible
best practice guide on the wiki. Right now OSM documentation sucks
and is spread across 8bn hard-to-follow wiki pages. I mean, I've been
at this longer than anyone still active apart from Steve and Petter,
and even I can't find my way around the wiki. :(

Maybe we should start a documentation mailing list and agree between
us how we're going to sort this mess out.

cheers
Richard
who's just been sorting out the developer docs on the wiki a little