[OSM-talk] The British Museum Test - ATTN Tom!

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sat Nov 24 12:52:44 GMT 2007

On 24/11/2007 12:29, David Earl wrote:
>> * the V&A - I couldn't get this to work at all
>
> Looking at the map, it's been mapped both as "Victoria and Albert
> Museum" and "Victoria & Albert Museum" but not "V&A" or "the V&A". It
> gets the first but not the second for some reason (I'll investigate),
> and of course not the last two because they don't appear on the map at all.
>
> I need to put an equivalence in for "and" vs "&" I guess, but to find
> "V&A" it would have to be labelled as such on the map e.g. "Victoria and
> Albert Museum (V&A)" should allow me to pick it up.

Ah, I did already put in an equivalence for "&".

If you search for "Victoria & Albert" at
http://www.frankieandshadow.com/osm/ it finds "Victoria and Albert
Museum" as first hit, but not if you do it from www.openstreetmap.org

So I think this one is probably an encoding problem with ampersand when
the search string is passed to the search engine - one for you I think, Tom.

David