[OSM-talk] Sealand

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sun Nov 25 17:32:28 GMT 2007

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 12:25:46PM -0500, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 05:04:27PM +0000, David Earl wrote:
> > Come on, it's none of these - it's someone's little joke!
> > It's appears to be a man made platform in the North Sea, with no
> > official status.
> "Since 1967, the installation has been occupied by associates and family
> of Paddy Roy Bates, a former radio broadcaster and former British Army
> Major, who claims that it is a sovereign and independent state.[5]"

>  -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

> Whether Sealand is a sovereign state or not appears, from the Wikipedia
> article, to be a matter of some political debate -- but it does not
> appear to be a 'joke', just a difference of opinion or interpretation.

By that principle I hereby declare that the shed in my back garden to be
a sovereign and independent state which I shall henceforth call
BullShitLand.

Can you suggest the tagging I should use for BullShitLand please?

--
 _        huggie at earth.li      -+*+-     fou, con et anglais      _
(_)  "I wish sometimes you'd love and hate me too" -- Brad and   (_)