[OSM-talk] highway=busway

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Nov 26 23:15:14 GMT 2007

On 26/11/2007 22:23, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> David Earl schrieb:
>> I proposed highway=busway earlier in the year(*) for a track made from
>> concrete rails or similar which carry only (usually specially adapted)
>> buses, and it had a few comments at the time. Construction is
>> proceeding apace on the 25km long Cambridgeshire guideway
>> (http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/guided/), with the first
>> sections now starting trials, so I've opened this for voting now.
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Bus_guideway
>>
>> David
>>
>> (* actually it was highway=bus_guideway originally, but I accepted the
>> suggested change).
>>
> It would probably be nice to have a photo of that way together with such
> a bus. I currently cannot really imagin what this looks like ;-)

That's why I included the links.

The Cambridgeshire link I sent in the mail above has a photo right at
the top of the page, and then each of the subordinate links from that
page has increasingly detailed pictures, including the guideway
construction and the bus fittings and so on, and lots of plans and
construction detail if you're really interested.

The proposal page also has further links including photos of examples
from around the world.

What more do you need?

David