[OSM-talk] Surveying

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 27 19:01:16 GMT 2007

Map what you would like to see on the map.
After a while
     -you will know the right balance for the time-you-want-to-spend Vs the
detail-you-want-to-see
     -you'll see something new and go 'ooo, I wonder how I would tag that',
then you can note it and at home search map_features.

But start with roads and their names,
things similar to roads but for cycles/busses(lanes)/trains/rivers/etc.
the junctions for them.

We're all making a map of our own area, currently for ourselves. If someone
else from that area comes to OSM and thinks 'hey, i want to see where
postboxes are', they can add it in (they wont have to bother with looking at
road signs if you've already done that).
If your not the first see if there is a wiki page, that may even have
specific tags or a specific project/renderer/application. (or is there such
a thing in the area next to you, can you be bothered to carry on the
detail?)

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com