[OSM-talk] Validator Plugin (landuse=forrest+highway=xy)

Thu Nov 29 12:26:01 GMT 2007

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) wrote:
> On Freitag 23 November 2007, spaetz wrote:
>> I disagree wholeheartedly and will start edit wars with whoever splits my
>> shared nodes between roads/forests :-)!
>
> Just out of curiosity ... how would you tag these:
> http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2979816/2/istockphoto_2979
  I would split the street in two oneways going around a single tree.

> http://edp.org/Germany/General/ImBaindtleTree.jpg

  Either I would have a short bit of road with a width=3m while the
pieces before and after had width=10m, or I would ignore it. Or I would
put a single tree next to the road. Given that the road is the logical
centerline and has a width=10m attached, the road then stretches around
the single node tree.

> http://maipenarai.com/images/Odd/OddTree.JPG
> http://henleyonthames.org/locations/GainsboroughCrescent/new/crescent-entrance.jpg
> http://www.douglas-shire-historical-society.org/images/Craiglie Tamarind Tree used to be in the schoolyard 7.4.06 042 (Large).jpg

Most of the above examples as before:
I would split the street in two oneways going around a single tree, as
the street is effectively split physically here.

> http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/906/50457922.JPG

Funny one. Following your logic, each road in a forest would require
that the forest be split in two pieces on each side of the road.
Otherwise you would obviously imply that the whole road is covered with
trees.
I would either ignore it. Or make a forest;layer=1 covering the area, or
make the road going through a short tunnel.