[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] Software development - most pressing issues

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Nov 29 14:56:38 GMT 2007

Hi,

> But these are just some issues that arise in the specific Dutch
> context. I really would like to see a kind of 'top 3' of concrete
> software-related issues to include in the funding proposal.

In my eyes, a good concept for encapsulating changes into change
groups and then all the backend stuff to do with that (who has
applied which changes to my area? rollback this set of changes...) is
the most pressing need.

> To make a
> strong case, the issues should be as SMART[1] as possible.

Unfortunately I think that "SMART" is not really compatible with how
we do things here. I cannot give you a ready design with a plan on
how long it is going to take. It just needs to be done, and when it's
ready, it will be good ;-)

Bye
Frederik