[OSM-talk] Downtime for 0.5 API migration

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Oct 5 18:54:34 BST 2007

The migration to the 0.5 API will be taking place on Sunday morning
starting at approximately 0800 BST (0700 UTC). It is expected to take
around 6-8 hours so I hope to have things back online sometime in
the afternoon between 1400 and 1600 BST (1300 and 1500 UTC).

We will also be using this downtime to rearrange the database files
to spread them across more disks and provide space for the database
to grow in future.

The web site will remain available throughout this period, except
for a short period (hopefully only a few minutes) while the database
is moved.

The API will be read-only initially, and will then be turned off
completely while the last part of the conversion is performed. Access
to Potlatch will be disabled throughout.

Frederik will be posting more information in due course about what
this migration means and what people editing the map will need to
do to continue working on it after the migration.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/